For parents, Herschel makes use of the D6 School Communicator platform. There is one Communicator for the Prep School and one for the Senior School.
As a parent, you will need to install the Windows or Mac program (on your desktop or laptop), or the iOS or Android app (on your tablet or smartphone).
Herschel requires that any installation of the D6 Communicator be authenticated so that we can ensure only parents of Herschel make use of this resource. While the authentication process may be onerous, the intention is to protect privacy, and to ensure that information provided on this platform is not readily available in the public domain. Please follow the instruction below.
The initial setup of the D6 Communicator requires the owner of the email address provided to Herschel for NOTICES be the one to setup the account.
Example: Mr and Mrs Jones' daughter is new to Herschel and they wish to install the D6 Communicator. Mrs Jones receives account notifications via email and Mr Jones receives notices via email. Therefore, as the D6 Communicator is a notices platform, Mr Jones needs to initiate the installation process. Once done, Mrs Jones can also use the D6 Communicator, using the same email/password combination that Mr Jones set up. The email/password combination only authenticates that the installer is a parent; it does not affect the working of the platform.
1. Open the appropriate link below. You will be directed to the D6 Schools Communicator download page.
2. Select the appropriate installation package (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), download and install.
Once installed, your instance of the Communicator will need to be authenticated. This is to ensure that only Herschel parents make use of the software.
3. When you are prompted to enter an email address and password, leave the fields blank for now. Click on 'Request Password'.
A new browser window will open.
4. In the email field, enter your email address that you provided to Herschel for NOTICES.
5. In the password field, enter a password of your choice.
An email will be sent to you and you will need to confirm you email address before continuing.
Once you have confirmed your email address, return to the Communicator.
6. Enter the email address and password combination in order to activate your copy.
Once authenticated, you can use that email/password combination to activate as many copies of the Communicator as you like.
The Herschel School Communicators are managed by Herschel Girls School and use of the services are governed by the Herschel AUP. | All data and content is owned by Herschel.